"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." ~Ambrose Redmoon

Thursday, August 11, 2011

One Day at a Time


The following poem (title & author unknown) has helped me cope with life's chaos ever since I was a single mom in my twenties.
 
One day when my burden seemed greater
than my body and spirit could bear,
weighed down by the load, I faltered
beneath my worry and care.
And I cried to the healers of silence
as I walked where I could not see:
“Where is the strength that is promised?
Where is the strength for me?”

And, suddenly out of the stillness,
a voice came clear and true:
“My child, you are striving to carry
a burden not meant for you.
And the thought of the years outstretching
before you has darkened the way,
while the only strength I have promised
is the sure strength day by day.”

I took one step and I found it
quite easy indeed to take,
And the burden slid from my shoulders,
and my heart that was ready to break.
Gave thanks that my eyes were opened
and my shoulders eased of their load,
as I saw, step by step I was strengthened
to walk on the roughest road.

Monday's post will further explore the only operating system consistent with this poem--one that never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment